Freedom Questionnaire for Public Servants
1. ___ ___ Only individuals have rights, not the collective group.
2. ___ ___ Rights are owned by each individual, not granted by the government.
3. ___ ___ The People as individuals voluntarily together institute a government.
4. ___ ___ A government derives its just power solely from the consent of the governed.
5. ___ ___ The government is not a power unto itself; it is the servant of the people.
6. ___ ___ All citizens should be equal under law, regardless of their national origin, race, religion, gender, education, economic status, life style, or political opinion.
7. ___ ___ One of the primary functions of just government is to protect each individual from the greed and passion of the majority.
8. ___ ___ Historically, the government's coercive power to give to some and take away from others, always leads to legalized plunder and loss of freedom.
9. ___ ___ The proper function of government is to protect the rights, lives, liberty, and property of its citizens; nothing more.
10. ___ ___ If the government does not protect the rights, lives, liberty, and property of its citizens then the people have a right and duty to reorganize the government into a form that will secure their safety and happiness.
1. ___ ___ I pledge that I will not sacrifice the rights of any individual or minority for the assumed rights of the group.
2. ___ ___ I pledge that I will not endorse any law that does not apply to all citizens equally.
3. ___ ___ I pledge that I will not endorse coercion for any purpose except to protect human rights, life, liberty, or property.
Public Office Held ___________________________